The Institution –
The Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD), established in April 1970, is a national level professional non-profit society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860. It has a large membership (around 10500 as on today, having 38 chapters as on 2021 in various parts of India) of individuals and institutions involved in the areas of training and HRD from Government, Public and Private Sector organizations and enterprises and educational and training institutions and other professional bodies.
Present Committee 2022 - 2024 :
NATIONAL PRESIDENT - ISTD
MS. ANITA CHAUHAN
NATIONAL VICE PRESIDENT - ISTD
PROF. N SAMBHASIVA RAO
REGIONAL VICE PRESIDENT WEST
MR. ATUL SHAH
Former Committee 2020 - 2022 :
FORMER NATIONAL PRESIDENT - ISTD
DR. NATRAJ RAY
FORMER NATIONAL VP - ISTD
FORMER REGIONAL VIDE PRESIDENT WEST
MR. DILIPKUMAR S DESAI RVP WEST
International Affiliations –
ISTD is affiliated as a founder member to the international Federation of Training & Development Organizations (IFTDO), Geneva. ISTD members have played leading roles in the management of IFTDO by holding responsible offices such as President, Chairmen of Committees, governing board members, etc.
During 1998-gg, ISTD conducted a challenging consultancy assignment, assigned to it by IFTDO which was asked by UNDP, to do as a part of the project for four countries, of which lndia was one, on the ‘Role of the Family in Human Development’. The study in relation to lndia was successfully completed by ISTD and well appreciated by the IFTDO for our participation and note-worthy report”
IJTD (lndian Journal of Training and Development)
Indian Journal for Training & Development, popularly known as IJTD is published by Indian Society for Training & Development (ISTD). This Journal, a double peered Journal is published quarterly, and is the pioneer and the only dedicated journal to the cause of Training & Development in India ever since 1970 having a legacy of almost 51 years The Journal is subscribed by many of the premium educational institutions.
The ISTD journal publishes stimulating articles, significant experiences of learning in the field of management, human resources development etc. The Journal has separate Sections for unpublished research papers, case studies, book reviews, and Communication and Practitioners perspectives. The Journal is clearly an excellent forum for promoting and projecting various managernent programs, products and services.
Skill India Mission –
Skill development is one of the key driver towards poverty reduction by improving employability & productivity thereby promoting sustainable economic development and inclusive growth. It facilitates enhanced employment opportunities resulting in increase in per capita income & overall growth & development of the nation. However, majority of workforce in India lacks employable skills which is an impediment in getting decent employment and improvement of economic conditions. Govt. of India, in order reduce the skill-gap & to promote private sector participation, the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) was established in India. Simultaneously, the first National policy on Skill Development was notified in 2009 which laid out the broad framework as well as objectives and outcomes for the skilling landscape in the country. ln an effort to address the skill gap between classroom teaching & industry requirement, Government of India had set up Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE) thereby initiating several skill development schemes in India. in order to assess the trainees, Government of India empanelled lSTD amongst 9 other organizations such as Cll, FlCCl as an Assessing Body & ISTD was assigned with the task of assessing sectors and in all trainees of all trades / sectors and in all States /UT’s of India. ISTD is also empanelled with lASC, instrumentation, Automation & Surveillance Sector Skill Council, as well.
PG Diploma in Training & Development –
Recognized by Ministry of HRD (Now Ministry of Education) Govt. of India
Distance Learning Program
The Diploma programme in “Training & Development”, introduced in 1979, is a distance learning Programme me of 18 months duration. The program is recognized by Ministry of HRD (now Ministry of Education) Govt. of India and approved by the Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India for its Faculty Development Scheme.
The Programme aims to help those who are engaged or wish to engage themselves in HRD and Training activities; to provide specialization in functional areas of training and human resource development; and to contribute to the career development of such persons who seek further advancement on the basis of a recognized professional qualification.
Commencing from 1st January & 1st July (LAST DATES:31st December for January Batch & 30th June for July Batch)
DURATION : 18 Months (12 theory papers followed by internship/ live project)
ELEGIBILITY: Graduate of a recognized University or its equivalent recognized Diploma OR post Graduate or its equivalent recognized PG Diploma in any discipline.
CONCESSIONAL FEE : 1) Rs. 4.5,000/- + 18% GST Rs. 8,100/- for ISTD Life Member & Permanent institutional Members in one lump sum and SC/ST category Divyang can be deposited in three equal installments of Rs. 15,000/- + 18% GST Rs. 2790/-.
2) Rs. 30,000/- + 18% GST Rs. 5,400/- can be deposited in two equal installments of Rs. 15,800/- + 18% GST Rs. 2,790/- each for Armed Forces Personnel & their Spouses, Ex-Servicemen/Central & State/Police/Para-Military Forces Personnel, Senior Citizen Candidates.
· Application Fees – Rs .1500/- +18% GST Rs. 270/- (Non Refundable)
· Course Fees – Rs. 50000/- + 18% GST Rs. 9000/- (Non Refundable) can be deposited in three equal installments of Rs. 17000/- + 18% GST Rs. 3078/-
* Students are required to deposit all the 3 installments by the stipulated dates before applying for semester examination.
Services & Facilities –
As a part of Post Graduate Diploma Programme, Students are provided with the following support.
· Reading Material
· Evaluation of Assignment and Feedback
· Issue of ISTD’s e-journal (IJTD)
· Facility to get book on loan from ISTD Library at New Delhi.
· Online Contact Classes to help integrated learning.
· Mentoring by of Senior ISTD Professionals as per policy.
· Internship / Live Project Work for field exposure.
· Examination are being conducted proctored online mode.
· Free Membership to ISTD for one year on completion of the course.
· Subsidized entry to several ISTD activities on a lifelong.
* For admission related queries please contact –
Tel : 011-41688772 / 49077807
Mobile : 9911326953
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
ISTD has initiated the following awards on annual basis to encourage HRD professionals country :
1. NATIONALAWARDS FOR INNOVATIVE TRAINING PRACTICES: The award is intended for organisations which have adopted innovative practices on human resources development in their respective organisations during the year.
2. BOOK AWARD : The award has been instituted to encourage lndian writers who have made outstanding contributions to the understanding of management principles and practices in the country.
3. BEST MEMBER AWARD : The Best Member award is given to a member of ISTD based on hislher good, Standing in ISTD (National or Chapter Level)
4. BEST CHAPTER AND BEST SMALL CHAPTER AWARDS
5. BEST PAPER AWARD: The best Paper award is given to the merited Best article published during the year in the lndian Journal of Training and Development (IJTD) of ISTD.
6. KAMLA AWARD: Kamla Award is given to a women writer for the best article published in IJTD during a year.
7. ISTD YOUNG TRAINERS AWARD : This award is restricted to only ISTD members (institutional member nominee, Iife, annual or student) on attaining age not more than 40 years. The applicant must be working in Training and Development related interventions in organizations based at India for minimum 10 years either as freelancer or external trainer or internal trainer.
8. SHARU RANGNEKAR MEMORIAL AWARD FOR L&D: This award will be open to lndian Nationals working for Indian Organizations for last three decades. Since it is in some sense life time recognition award for individual contributor in the domain of Learning & Development, there will be no age restriction.
· Assistance for organization of need-based in-company training and development programmes.
· Assistance in identification and selection of resource persons.
· Consultancy on design and content of training programmes.
· Assistance in the study and analysis of organizational problems with special reference to training inputs.
· Consultancy in HRD structure, systems, policies and processes.
· Opportunities for collaboration in HRD / Training
* Zone wise list Keep it as it ……
ISTD has a network of 38 chapters located in major cities all over the country with the National Headquarters at New Delhi.